Published January 3, 2008
Sherwood Pictures is leaving nothing to chance in getting the message out about the restoration of failing marriages.
“After praying for an idea that would impact not only the church, but our culture as a whole, we believe the Lord has directed us to focus on marriage in the third movie,” says Alex Kendrick.
“Whereas the gospel itself is a picture of Christ loving the church as His bride, the plot of this movie will lend itself to including the gospel message. We will present marriage as a covenant rather than a contract, and camp on the theme of husbands loving their wives with an unconditional love,” he explained.
The movie will have a running time of approximately one hour and 55 minutes. It has not been rated, but will most likely receive a PG or PG-13.
The message of covenant marriage will be spread through the following timeline:
• Fireproof theatrical release through Provident and Sony Pictures. More than 150 pre-screenings will be offered in theaters nationwide. There will be a simultaneous direct-to-church campaign and a presence at pastor and marriage conferences.
• Release of The Love Dare devotional book, spun out of the storyline of the movie. While the movie version will be addressed from a man’s perspective in trying to earn back the love of his wife, the print edition will be more generic in application to men and women seeking to earn back the love of their spouse.
The book will cover topics such as “Why Marriage?”, “Contract or Covenant?”, “Clean Fighting,” and “Leading Your Heart Instead of Vice Versa.”
• Release of Fireproof: The Novel from a major Christian publisher, with additional content.
• Fireproof movie events will bring the movie to churches following the theater-only viewing for the first six months of the release. This timing will allow the movie to be planned for group viewings in January, leading up to and following the Valentine’s Day emphases in churches and at marriage conferences.
• Release of The Love Dare Small Group Study, which will include talking head teaching segments to spur small group discussion. This product will be designed to help launch church-based marriage enrichment programs such as workshops, retreats, and other special events, and for Sunday School application.
• Release of the home entertainment version (DVD), potentially around Valentine’s Day.
Churches will be enlisted as partners in the coming months to help drive theater attendance and evangelistic outreach through home Bible studies and related materials.
For more information, to register for updates, or read the blog, visit www.fireproofthemovie.com
Copyright © 2015, The Christian Index, All rights reserved.
6405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097
770-936-5590 / 877-424-6339
Site developed and powered by Sonova Systems