Published June 12, 2014
In 1920 Woman’s Missionary Society formed at First Baptist Roswell. It would eventually join with national Woman’s Missionary Union – formed 32 years earlier in 1888 in Richmond, VA – and lead to the establishment of Girl’s Auxiliary, Royal Ambassadors, and Sunbeams. Involvement would grow to include 182 members. On May 4, the church celebrated 125 years of Women on Mission and the 100th birthday of Girls in Action, as well as RAs and Mission Friends. Georgia WMU President Jackie Hardy and Georgia WMU Executive Director-Treasurer Beth Ann Williams spoke at the 8:30 and 11 a.m. services, respectively. Pictured in the front row, left to right are Barbara Goodwin, Martha McConnell, Dixie Thacker, Janie Roland, Barbara Kimbrell, and Ann House. In the back row, left to right, are: Sandra Killebrew, Liz Holloway, Pastor Ron Bradley, Karen Whaley, and Hardy.
Copyright © 2015, The Christian Index, All rights reserved.
6405 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097
770-936-5590 / 877-424-6339
Site developed and powered by Sonova Systems